Image Map

The Big Apple

Last trip of the east coast... New York Fuckin' City! Truly a concrete jungle filled with animals and standing giants showering the ground with shade!  Although I have never really lived in New York, apart from being born in Queens, but I've visited Manhattan a handful of times. Sometimes with friends, sometimes with family, but never solo.  This time around I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy the city with only my ipod and a camera.  I had quite an amazing time!
After my mom dropped me at my Aunt Dana's home in New Jersey, just on the Hudson, I settled in and was welcomed by my lovely cousin, Parker!  She's so funny! Always wants to play pretend and loves Barbies! My Aunt Dana was very kind for letting me stay and she's always a blast to see! She's very mellow but very enthusiastic and determined! Her husband Jim is very rad as well! Very easy going people!



I made it into the city Sunday morning via the PATH train and got off at the Empire State building.  I thought what beeter way to see the city than to REALLY see the city! Perfect idea.... It is one of the best sites to see! I've got some much love for New York and it's pretty fulfilling to see it from a view like that.  Your whole eye is full of city from so high.. crazy.  It's quite pristine. If you haven't been, go!







I met up with my godfather, Sean Smith, who is a fuckin' legendary dude!  So cool! He works as a bartender at a great spot called Waterfront Ale House and also is a ripping musician! He's been doing both of these things most of his life and is very good at both. He invited me for some food and let me crash out as his pad for the night.
After eating I walked for a while just enjoying all the people and the city life.  Everybody's moving and on the hustle to work or whatever else makes them tick.  With proper music everything becomes that much more exciting.  Like a movie almost. So I had on the Stones, some Ol' Dirty, some Tom Petty... you know!











I met up with my friend Jenna at her work and we walked downtown a little ways to have some thai food.  We kicked it at her and boyfriend Zered's crib and she introduced me to her bulldog, Mr. T! He's a beast! While Zered was playing a little tug-of-war, I tried to photograph the beast and he lunged for the camera trying to eat the thing! It was so rad!

I got lost and eventually found my way to Sean's place and passed out.  I woke up in the morning and made my way to Fulton Street in Brooklyn to buy a chain for a sick little turquoise stone I got the day before.  I went uptown after and had some food at Sean's and then strolled through the lower part of Central Park.  Such a cool spot! There was snow covering the whole park which although was very cold, was very nice to look at!

I stopped by the Pizza Joint where, my father worked back in the day, for a slice of pie! Prime time! I hopped on the subway and got to Madison Square Garden.  Outside, a few blocks up, was Times Square.  So naturally I had to go through and have a look.
I made it back to Dana's place that night and woke up just in time for Parker to go to school.  So I accompanied them there and had a walk with Dana.  That day was more of a countdown for the flight that night! I got a car to take me to the airport and checked my bags.  After making my way to the gate and waiting a couple of hours, my flight was ready to go!  Jet Airways India is a very nice and hospitable airline.  The lady servers were beautiful too! Ay Caramba! I had the vegetarian meal and a very nice breakfast plate.  Syked!  Both were really good!  After only about 6 hours in the night time sky, I arrived in Brussels, Belgium!  I made my way through the massive airport to my next gate, only after buying some chocolate of course! I had a few hours to wait so I passed out on a bench.  I hopped up and got on my last flight. Spain!