Image Map

Graffiti of Granada

Another awesome start in Granada. Cafe con Leche. Yes Please!!


Since I was in town, Duper was gonna skate.  We had to set up a board for him at a local shop.  He had some old gear that I had already given him back in the states and needed some skate kicks to match.  8 months since a shred!!



We skated up the way a bit and came to the local skatepark.  This park is so legit!!! Everything is eye level height, the ground is like a tennis court and there's alll sorts of obstacles to shred!  Fuck Yea!! I was so hyped!!






Even a BMX side with oversized rails and ramps!


Granada = Graffiti











We headed back to Elvi's place for a smoke.  Caught a sick sunset too!









After getting all bakey, you know what's next.  Fat Boy City!






The next day, Elvi prepped this meal in the AM.  Veggies wrapped in dough with cheese and things.



I like how no one uses the dryer.  It makes sense to just use the sun and not waste electricity.  Maybe we should do the same.


This is John, Duper's roommate.  He's super cool! A professional businessman.


K-Tape.  That's his product.  You put this sports tape on the inflamed body part for tension relief.  He's "backing" it.  I told him TCB, or "Takin' Care of Business" and I'm pretty sure that changed his life.  The whole time I was there, every time we'd pass by each other, "TCB!!"


Somma Dat Homemade shit.






Who doesn't love a crepe.


Nutella Crepes!!


Duper had to go to school all day.  So Elvi, their other friend and I went on a cruise.  I had been amping on all the graffiti that's around and Elvi told me she'd take me on the graffiti walk of fame.  So we did.










Elvi couldn't climb the wall but to her credit did make a hell of an effort.  So we decided to get wet and cross the river.



Sanitize the babies quick!






This is the most typical type of graffiti.  Typically store owners decorate their own tienda doors with some art so someone doesn't come and put their own.


Then we got the walk.  Elvi was telling me that there's a man who has permission to draw his art all over Granada.  I don't know his name but you can clearly distinguish which of the pieces are his.  However all of the art, to me, was wonderful.  I think well put together graffiti should be praised instead of criticized.






I really like this one.  The message says in Spanish, "And while you play your games they play with your life."















Homemade Barbed Wire - Shards of glass.








These paintings of oversized people were so amazing.  So much sicker than tagging Lil' Sleepy or some wack shit.














SKATE OR DIE.




This one is the next level.













Louis.









Dipset!!