Image Map

Duper Surprise Visit!

Rain, baby! Always a good time for walking around and enjoying the city you're in. I took the day to cruise the fresh food markets that feed this city. First stop was the infamous La Boqueria. This spot is incredible! Every food you could want is there. As you enter the front of the open but covered market, you are invited by a rainbow of colored fruits that fill you eyes! It's so rad! There are rows and rows of fresh smoothie drinks too that are prime. You can get like 10 avocados for 1 euro! As you continue through, the colors start to blend into a flesh pink, due to the immense amount of meat products. EVERY PART of the animal is for sale. Pig faces, cow balls, hoofs, all that shit! It's kind of gnarly but for the locals, very normal. As you're there longer, you find yourself nearly gagging because of the scent of fresh fish. LOTS of fish. There are also cheese vendors with goat cheese, sheep cheese, moldy cheese. Like I said, ANYTHING you fancy you can find here. The egg vendors even sell ostrich eggs!
After cruising the market I popped into this amazing Morrocan shop Troy showed me, for a mint tea! Que rico! Outstanding anytime! Sweet Tea with mint leaves!
When I cruised home I chilled for a bit and was summoned by Maryjane to clean the bathroom before her friends came over for the night. As I entered the bathroom to dreadfully clean the toilet, I couldn't believe my eyes but none other than my best homie Mr. Brian Miller was hiding in the shower with his lovely lady Elvi! "Hudayadon!!" I was so fuckin hyped! Apparently everyone had been planning this shocker for quite some time and kept it well under wraps the entire time I was there. Really good to see my dogg!

We chilled for a while and rolled to a blues bar down the street that features live music during the week. We met up with some Austrians at the club. One homie had a shoelace attached to his camera and linked to his pants! Gypsy anti-theft device! Austrian Alex was straight hammered! Falling around in the club, dancing so rad with his lady! It was hysterical!
After that club, Troy, Duper, and I went to the bar below our house, called Bullocks, for a nightcap. The lady bartenders broke out the crazy straws and we had some laughs and some drinks.
The next day, Duper wanted to take his lady around the city as she had never been to BCN. I obviously joined them but I was VERY under par to say the least. I was so hungover... Puking in alleyways, hiding from the sun, walking through a million birds that fill the ground of Plaça Cataluña, all the while trying to walk and take subways to see sites. We got to the famous Sagrada Familia, built by Gaudi, and still in the works. At that point I was fucked. I had to bail back home to sleep it off and later rendezvoused with the couple. The trek home was hard..
We decided to eat some sushi that night which was a perfect call!  "Great success!"