Image Map

Granada!!!! HUDAYADON!!

After a few hours on good ol' RyanAir, I arrived in Granada!  The weather was nice and the views over Spain were incredible.


As I boarded the bus that would take me into the city, I noticed the Sierra Nevadas mountains.  This area had all types of terrain.


I got off the bus and was greeted by my main man, Duper!  "Bill?!" from across the street.  "Hudayadon!"


Duper had been living here for about 8 months before I got there and hadn't seen any of the homies or his family since.  The same day I arrived his dad, Steve, his older brother, Andrew, and his lady, Katie, had showed as well.  Need less to say, Duper was hyped!

I was going to stay with Duper in his flat and the trio rented a flat of their own for the week.  After I rendezvoused with the posse, we decided to drop their things off and go up the hill for a walk.



This city was already much smaller and not as active as Barcelona.


Half of the city resides on a hill so a lot of the roads are really tight passage ways filled with stairs. 


Since we're in the south, there's a lot of Morrocon goods for sale.  Tons of colors and mirrors, threads and leather, all types of rad stuff.




We walked a way a came to a plaza with a sick view of Alhambra Palace and the Sierras.  Alhambra is a Moorish castle filled with cool textiles and rad grounds.



I'm hyped on this photo.  It pretty much shows the diversity the city holds.  Palms with snowy mountains.



We made it to another plaza where we would be meeting up with Elvi, who also lived and studied in Granada.  She was there with some of her friends having some beers and enjoying some music.  There were lots of people dancing and chilling, people camped out with their babies running around.




We bailed back down the hill for some tapas.  A tapa is an appetizer.  Spain pays a tapa tax and Granada cashes in on it.  When you order a drink, a tapa is served.  Usually every tapa is different than the last.



This is a internet cafe named after Moe the Bartender from The Simpsons.


Granada --  off to a great start!