Image Map

Slidin' through Boston, Massachusetts

Well, another notch on the ol' belt - Boston, Massachusetts.  With the help of my gracious host and stepbrother, Joey, I was able to see essential American landmarks and my stomach enlarge to near basketball size.  I originally flew in to Boston from San Diego to start my voyage and decided to come through again just to get a little more travelling in my veins.  The first trip was rad!  Joey's a reporter on patch.com for the town he lives in, known as Braintree; one of the oldest cities here in Boston and the US.  He was full of "exciting" and historical information, ranging from the birthplace of Declaration of Independence signer and second president of the US, John Adams, to reasons why new roads are being created to merge sections of the town.  He was excited to purposely share quite possibly the driest tidbits of his town with me.  I enjoyed his enthusiasm very much!  Joey's very intelligent and hysterically fun to be around!

We took a train ride into the downtown area of Boston, which is littered with historical sites.  A few graveyards that house many of the "Founding Fathers", old markets like Faneuil Hall, Harvard University, and even stone roads in some parts.





Joey took me to the Massachusetts State House, which was a very cool place.  Although I'm not too into authority figures, I was very intrigued by the space in which people work to create laws.  Very rich with marble and original oil paintings of former officials.  Rich colors and very clean areas.





We also came across a Holocaust memorial which was very moving and surreal.

Boston is a very cool town.  It's historical value is tremendous and is much easier to take in with a good host.  Tons of beautiful ladies here too...
So I visited again over the weekend and this time Joey and I just kicked backed and stayed local.  We had no plans and decided that a proper meal was in order.  Once while sharing my mandarin orange pizza experience with a friend, I was enlightened to the chicken caesar salad pizza!  Although I hadn't had this extravegent fusion food yet, it was thorned in the depths of my food dictionary.  We decided to have pizza the first night and found a new place for both me and Joey called, Schoolhouse Pizza.  When we arrived at this pizza haven to our delight we saw the appropriately named, Baked Caesar, on the board.  "Yes, please!!"
We accompained this gorgeous gift with the "Atomic", which contained sopresatta (a type of salami-ish meat), Sicilian olives, and red pepper flakes.  This too was a fantastic choice.  Praise Jah for pizza!