Image Map

Slidin' Through Boston, Massachusetts continued

After devouring those tasty morsels, we sealed the deal with some more food items.  An entire bag of fun size packs of M&Ms and Reese's for myself, and the whole pack of Double Stuffed Oreos and a large kit kat for Joey.  With the "itis" flowing through our bodies, we tried to let ourselves settle by watching "Inception".  Within 30 minutes of the film I was awaken by Joey informing me that I was sleeping. "I know..." I said as I rotated my body away from the tv and adjusting the enormous amount of precious delicacies in my gut.  Joey followed suit and we subconciously listened to DiCaprio on repeat for about 4 hours.  Our friend Mike came to stay overnight on his way through to New Hampshire.  He came over at about 1:30 am.  With a second wind, we decided to watch another film, "The Fourth Kind".  Heavy business.  After watching this alien abduction thriller, we were not only NOT tired but nearly ready to push through the night and rise with the sun.  At 6 am we thought it might be a good to sleep.  Good idea.
After Mike left in the morning, Joey and I decided to go on a car ride to places unknown, not only for me but for the Massachusetts resident as well.  With random decisions of left and right turns we stumbled across the raddest icicles we had both ever seen.  These ice dreadlocks reached from the roof to the ground of this office. We had to stop and get photos:



We roamed the roads of suburban Boston for a bit longer and decided to see the remake of John Wayne's "True Grit" at the theater.  Joey and I loaded up on gummy bears, chocolate clusters and peanuts, gumdrops, sour patch kids, and Life Saver gummies before the show and handled that about 20 seconds into the movie. The movie was an excellent choice!  Jeff Bridges' character, Rooster Cogburn, way of speaking is amazing!  Raw! After the flick we looked for another place to eat.  We checked out a "Brazillian Steakhouse" but rejected it due to the stale buffet food items.  We settled on Wendy's.  Once again back on the couches with the "itis" taking over, this duo was out cold.
Thanks to Joey for the historical lessons and opportunity to stay in Boston!  Till next time.  Check out his work - braintree.patch.com